Google Sweetenings


[Click snap for a blow up]

Today, I noticed the change in my Google Toolbar. I then checked out the new features and it’s really helpful for all the users for getting a rich browsing experience. For long time I used to carry my favorites as a file from system to system. Every time I add\update my favorites, I send a copy as mail to myself. The new toolbar had relived this pain and you can carry your bookmark wherever you go and Google does it for you. The search box has been modified and really amazing to get list of values as you type in as suggestions\history\Did you mean? Apart from these, providing logon options to Google accounts, send to options, translator and much more. Check more features here.

I like the way they create the tools. They are very simple but cover everything they would like to do. No flashy colors, no big banner but it catches your eyes. Capturing the basic user’s needs and making surfing easier & comfortable. Everybody need is right information at right time. This is what Google is capitalizing and working on it. The bookmark is a kind of your information need, the listing of search values as you type in, and so on. I am curious and like to be an audience at their technical meeting when designing such tools. It’s like wanting to see how they hit the nail. BANG!!

No comments: