Parupoosili

[The one I cooked :-)]

Scrambling for cooking food is always present after coming to US. Sometimes you feel very upset about the food you just prepared. Now understood the pain of cooking and seriously will owe lot better to my mom. I like parupoosili with vegetables like cabbage and beans. I asked my mom the method for it and then I have tried several times. But always felt that something lacked and I am missing something in it. What it is…. again called up mom and asked for an explanation. Yesterday tucked up my sleeves and entered the kitchen with full josh. I wanted to prepare the same way I eat at home and so patiently did each step with utmost care. Finally it was well payed off…Yes the dish came exactly the way I have it at home without any hassles. Oh man the feeling you get when your cooked food is good, ahh… it’s really something good sense. I have just pushed off my plates when something wasn’t right at home and seriously regret for those actions. But anyways Mom’s cooking has one more ingredient added in it which we all know we won’t be getting it anywhere else.

To bachelors and temporary bachelors here is the recipe:

1. Soak Toor Daal and bit of Channa Daal in water for 30 minutes.
2. Cut Beans\Cabbage into small pieces and cook them in a cooker or open pan in water with salt added to it.
3. Take the soaked daal and add red chilli, salt to it. Then grind it with very little water to form a thick paste.
4. Pour good amount of oil, mustard and fry the grinded daal into dry separate chunks.
5. Then add the boiled vegetables into it and fry nicely till it gets the aroma :-0

Enjoy the curry with sambhar rice and it perfectly matches with curd rice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pondatti Kuduthu vachava da maple...aaana Ponna than Kanom.

Lakshminarasimhan.V said...

Anon, Yarupa nee...enku therincha aal thaan...correcta solriyeee :)