Tamil TV - Shows


[Courtesy: vijay.indya.com]

Vijay TV conducts many competition shows and different kind of programs. Airtel Super singer, Jodi No 1, Kalaka poguthu Yaru and now Super Singers for Junior. It’s not easy to organize such competitions as the initial time for admission procedures and search for the participants with right talent would be enormous. They aren’t doing it for charity but still it’s a mutual beneficial program. Spotting out the talent and helping the individuals to show case their talent and same time earning their collections. I was able to watch only the final rounds of the Super Singers Junior and enjoyed seeing the kid’s performance. Krishnamoorthy, Saisharan, Vignesh, Abarna were the kids competing each other. Each of their parents was having a role in this event of pressing the buzzer and choosing the song for their kids. It was a nice idea to involve them as their kids would feel comfortable. What was not comfortable for me is the points system being announced after each round. They are at their budding stage and they react immediately. I can feel the confidence level dropping down for Abarna when she was given low points. The idea of the show is to bring out the talent and to encourage bringing more. But this seems to be naïve. Krishnamoorthy’s body language, modest behavior and facial expressions were plus apart from his voice. I liked the attitude of Saisharan and Abarna taking up the things when points were given. That too Abarna was too cute and I can see the pressure on her mother face rather on her. Every parent wants their ward to succeed and try to force. It might not work well at all times. Vignesh sings well but seems to be bit over confident. His body language shows too much pride and far beyond his age. But he is a kid and if groomed would come with flying colors. Folk, Melody and semi-carnatic were the rounds in the finals. All 4 did exceptionally well and felt happy seeing these children. Overall it was a satisfying program and grudging missing the early rounds.

Another program I watched in Jaya TV was this Bru Star Ungaludan hosted by Suchitra. The star for that day show was K.S.Ravikumar. It was nice to see him speaking but sometimes his answers were kind of rude. I liked when Kaniga and Kamalhasan spoke as a caller. Kamal when asked so what next after coming to this height? He said a good one saying when you climb the Tirupathi hills after some steps there will be a platform where you can relax or move forward [Moochum vangalam muneravum seyyalam]. I would like to move forward. I totally disliked the way Suchitara spoke or hosted. Konjam illa rombave adhiga prasangi thanama irunthathu. The way she answers the caller, continous interruption while Ravi kumar talks, Silly comments. Someone has to hold her biiiiiig mouth for some time. She might be good as a Radio Jockey but certainly not for this show. If the sponsor of the program happen to see this only request to consider someone else for hosting the show….Ennala mudiyala…

3 comments:

Vidya said...

I happened to watch the Indian Idol when I was at a salon in the USA. I was aghast at Anu Malik's rudeness.
That was just carrying it too far.

I totally agree with you about the points systems for the kids. It might discourage the little ones soon.

Vidya

Lakshminarasimhan.V said...

Vidya,
Oh Anu Malik too...hmm...IC...

Anonymous said...

My name is Wanda Aubin I was browsing internet and found your blog. The author did a great job. I will subscribe to your RSS feeds. Thank you for your contribution. I am a web designer myself. And here some examples of the websites that I designed for cash advance pay day loans company.