The Trio

1. I would name the book "Five point someone" as "The Trio" rather. Due to the meager travel according to US standards I do from my home to office [27 kms] or tedious travel of 27 kms within city limits according to Indian standards, I get some time to read anything and etc which I choose during my commutation. What is this etc? "Dostu bada dostu..." when played in local FM radio, I just close my eyes for sometime speaking with in as "Just relax dude". When the eyes close automatically the relaxation switches over to a small nap. In between my relaxation & nap, I found sometime to finish the book "Five point someone" written by Chetan Bhagat and gifted by my friend. It's about the days at Delhi IIT of 3 guys Hari, Alok and Ryan who were similar to the majority of students studying in any college offending the curriculum structure of the system. The difference is, the majority wouldn't have studied from beginning much and crib the system. These guys have proved successful in the same system till they joined IIT else how could they join there? The story line is simple and had always stayed within the IIT campus. It didn't peep out in each individual's personal life and was aligned to their days at the institute. Else it would have been a great source for the next mega serial in Sun TV. The caption of the book is "What not to do at IIT" and the story upholds it. Few chapters were really funny especially Hari's comments over Alok. Like the one when they plan to sneak into Hari's girl friend house on her birthday. The novel is well written, simple & plain. At many instances the author had left with a loose end, may be to continue with the part-II. Towards the end, he would conclude with their current positions after completing the IIT but with a word saying "A disaster occurred though". If part-II would be released then I will be one among to grab it.

2. At last the Dasavatharam fever was suppressed by Kuselan & Rajini's apology story. I am once again rewinding back to Dasavatharam. Being an ardent fan of Rajini always I have tried to be unfair to Kamal. But at times he wins over me with his sheer efforts & talent. Be it MMKR or Kurudhipunal or Nayagan...and now Dasavatharam. I am not going with the equations of what could have been done better. There are always better things than present and no end to debate. He had rocked with his efforts and the diversified talent he possess. Though not every inch I enjoyed overall it was a nice movie with enormous work put in. Not so easy to coordinate and sync up all the characters by the same person. It was a class treat from the class actor.

3. Parthasarathy temple lane at Triplicane, Chennai hasn't changed an inch for decades. The atmosphere is filled with the ghee & butters of course the tamarind rice smell from each mami's house. Cows and buffalos block the street causing "take diversion" for the drivers & riders. The temple stands high as usual with Messai Sarathy watching the Kali kaalam. The coffee powder aroma around compels you to take a cup of filter coffee as soon as you reach home. Mami's are busy in drawing ma-kolam when "uchavar" comes for visit around the street. Mama's exhibiting their muscular strength & thoondhi move around discussing from psycho manidhan to Kuselan. Bread bajji shops are packed with more people adding more & more cholesterol to their system. Young girls fleet into typing classes with a bunch of unruled sheets in their hand. Yet the place is lively and you would love to stay there. If only Sarathy appears and ask me where you want an apartment in Chennai though a costly offer, I would point right here perumale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have recently landed back in Chennai. Welcome back and keep writing. BTW what made you to come back to India/Chennai.

Lakshminarasimhan.V said...

VV, Thanks for the note. Many factors forced me to come back.