Toothpick

Podcasting, the teckie word I see quite often in many blogs that I read. So, decided to know the exact definition of this new unit of language for me. I searched the online knowledge repository - wikipedia. Got to read about the technology and traveled through the links from there and refreshed with other common terminologies. Handful of pointers down with a small introduction of their definition for the newbie's around.

Podcast -> A pod cast is simply a web feed of audio files that is placed on the Internet for anyone to download. Read more about the Mechanics, podcatchers…here.

Web syndication -> Web syndication is a form of syndication in which a section of a website is made available for other sites to use.

RSS -> RSS is a family of XML files formats for Web syndication used by news websites and web logs. The abbreviation is used to refer to Really Simple Syndication.

Web 2.0 -> The term "Web 2.0" refers to what some people see as a second phase of development of the World Wide Web, including its architecture and its applications. A transition of websites from isolated information silos to sources of content and functionality, thus becoming a computing platform serving web applications to end users.

AJAX -> Asynchronous JavaScript and XML, or Ajax, is a web development technique for creating interactive web applications using a combination of XHTML (or HTML) and CSS for marking up and styling information.

Ironical to the above, read a post on the Chennai underworld [via Dabbler] in Narain's Tamil blog. The post was very realistic and replicates what I had seen around the place I live in Chennai. I too had seen many weird scenes of these so called dadas' around my area. As my area was very close to the place, where ex-up-don of the Chennai lived.

I still recollect the incident that took place just opposite to my home. I was around 12 years and this particular incident still never vanished from my thoughts. There was chaos and loud voices of people outside. I ran to the balcony to check out the happenings. I saw a man running into one of the shop and a group of people chasing him. They all went inside the shop and there was a loud shout from inside the shop. The whole shop was smashed by the gangsters. After some time the person who ran inside came out with a single hand, the other hand was cut off by the bunch of atrocious people. The shop owner was in a pathetic state. His shop was ruined totally; the shop was full of blood and also has to wander around the police station and court for sometime. For a moment, I was shaken a bit. Still I can visualize the scenes that happened and cannot forget it easily.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good useful article. Me too came across the word some times on the web, i thought its Apple patented way of calling to download the songs on iPod.

But from the pointer you have given, i found thats not true.

Unn kitta konjam jakarthiya thaan irukannum pa. At the age of 12 you have seen all such stuufs. Great narsi. Sami mathiri -"Naan DWH architect illai Porukki" nu sonnalum solluvae pola.

The blog of narain is really awesome. The way he narrated the incidents add the interest to read such a lenggggthy blog.

Anonymous said...

Good useful words narasi.
intha gangsters matterlam munnadiye solla kudatha.
Triplicane areavaiye unga pera solli kalakiruppen.
ok.eppavathu sonniyeappa.
bye
pugal.k

Anonymous said...

a blogger is born

Lakshminarasimhan.V said...

Hi siggapu manithan,

I know your original identity. I am really happy to see your note. It gives me a feeling that what I am scribbling its upto the basis standards of yours. Finally got an +ve note from you.

Thank you!