Maam Egam Saranam Vraja!



"This is the song... Naaku Muukka..." when played in the cheapest speaker at 5.00 am, you will get up with wide eyes even though you are in your deepest sleep. I was trying to figure out the scene around me, the bus stand looked at me as if a person had stepped into a place after many years and searching for his flash back. Yeah! Old memories of Kumbakonam. The place where I was a frequent visitor when I was studying my post graduation in a nearby college. Those days and still, there are no frequent flyer points else I would have earned to a level where I could have en-cashed to a flat LCD TV. The place is still with their traditional values and outlook except the added number of vehicles and few changes due to modernization. Kosi.Mani the local MLA and minister stays near Kumbakonam, saw him with his convoy when he was heading to some place for giving the speech "Periyorgale, Thaimargale and Udanpirupugale...." Kumbakonam I will define as the land of network of temples. It is surrounded by all the Navagraha temples and people from all dimensions fleet in for offering their respects and prayers. Old and ancient temples are the jewels of the place. I always stay in a calm mood when I visit such place. Upiliappan stands gigantically in his resort smiling at the assorted prayers for better life, more money, good health, career, prospects and so on....I don't know to explain but when I stay close and see him your mind loosens up. When admiring him, mama's come with the plates expecting optimum dakshanai, not realizing that they are with the world savior.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorgame endralum athu nammora pola varuma!!!!

Vj

Lakshminarasimhan.V said...

Nalla Sonna Nanba.......