Blog walk-through

Read an interesting post on hawkeyeview with the title What is your salary? The post is in two parts.

Part - I
Part - II

The blogger is right and the points put forth by him seem to be a valid one. I too had similar experiences and hate to ask someone salary. It’s none of my business and a salary can do anything in judging ones' capability. As the blogger has mentioned, the weed is engrafted in the schools. I have seen relatives who first when you say you got a job, immediately they would question about what’s the salary? Then he\she compares the said salary with a person living in their near by street working in same type of company. Instead of feeling happy of getting a job, it humiliates you. I met a person in my company after few months I joined the company. After few first section of a communication, he questioned me what is your salary? This he did to check whether his and mine are same. Since, he has also joined in the same designation. I gazed him once and out of hate told it. Next is even worse. It was annual remuneration hike. A person who works in the same place, asked me what’s your hike? With a cruel face and biting teeth told it. He was surprised a bit and after sometime he mailed me asking for my latest pay slip softcopy to argue with HR for equal rise. My goodness! I was surprised by his mail, how he can ask so openly which is supposed to be confidential and ones private subject. Again here once I came to Chicago, I met a NRI and the same question was put forward. As the blogger has mentioned just don't ask it. It annoys others and looses the value of good friend.

No comments: